Saturday, January 26 at
FOXTEL PRESENTS THIS INSPIRING DOCUMENTARY
FEATURING RICHARD TOGNETTI and DEREK HYND
World-renowned violinist Richard Tognetti teams up with surfing supremo Derek Hynd in the inspiring documentary MUSICA SURFICA which will make its Australia Day World Television Premiere on Saturday, January 26 at exclusively on Bio.
MUSICA SURFICA is a documentary that follows one man’s creative journey. Richard Tognetti, leading violinist and artistic Director of the Australian Chamber Orchestra, as he searches for new inspiration and explores new boundaries in classical music and experimental surfing.
Richard Tognetti, an incredibly gifted and brilliant violinist is also a life-long surfer. Richard, who has a love for the ocean, teams up with Derek Hynd, one of the world’s most influential surfers … a thinker, a man with a twinkle in his cultural eye. Both are virtuosos, but with their major talents in different worlds.
In this stunning documentary Richard and Derek bring together a unique gathering of classical musicians and top surfers on remote
At the same time,
Highlights of the documentary include:
- Richard Tognetti, performs with a Guarneri del Gesu “Carrodus” Violin, an extraordinary instrument crafted in 1743 and conservatively valued at $A 10 million.
- The violin was donated to him by an anonymous benefactor earlier this year.
- This is one of the first “finless” surfing events since the days of the ancient Hawaiians.
- Unique footage of surfers riding radically designed, unfinned surfboards AND surfboards based on 300 year old Hawaiian designs.
- A rare combination of surfing and outstanding performances and classical music soundtracks by the Australian Chamber Orchestra.
MUSICA SURFICA was produced by Us Phoques Pty Ltd, Writer & Director Mick Sowry, Producers Simon Whitney and Richard Keddie. MUSICA SURFICA was financed by the Australian Film Commission and FOXTEL.
World Television Premiere
Saturday January 26,
at on Bio.
Media Man Australia Profiles